You couldn’t have scripted the day any better. Not only is Boston back, the entire running community is energized and moved by today’s events.
Over the past year we have seen the very best in people from the very worst of circumstances. What the 2014 Boston Marathon symbolized is that anything is possible.
If you want something bad enough, nothing can stand in your way.
The day was so captivating it is only fitting that we break the format of the show just as we did one year ago after the 2013 Boston Marathon to take time to reflect and recap what happened and what it means.
To help with these reflections, Jacqueline Hansen 1973 Boston Marathon Champion and guest on podcast episode 48 graciously took some time from the post-race festivities to share what she experienced on the ground including:
- The feeling before the start of the race
- Thoughts on the performance of Shalane Flanagan
- What she said to Meb Keflezighi moments after he achieved his career dream
- Reactions from the finish line from everyday runners
- What it means for the sport going forward
For more on Meb Keflezighi’s story and the man who has coached him for his entire career, be sure to listen to our interview with Coach Bob Larsen, full of wisdom and inspiration for your running.